Thursday, February 10, 2011

Importance of Design

I'm really slow when it comes to this blogging thing. I meant to post this last week when we were actually talking about design. I can relate to how important design is not only in the world of business but in the world in general. I have two ideas for businesses which I plan to start once I can get the funding. One of these ideas started from me discovering something which was "broken." Upon my discovery I took it upon myself to redesign and "fix" it. The other business idea, a restaurant, has gone through several designs in my mind as well as on paper. And I'm talking designs right down to the smallest of details. As Daniel Pink said, "Design confers a competitive advantage in business. Good design also offers us a chance to bring pleasure, beauty, and meaning to our lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment