Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kids Know

(photo is obviously me as a kid haha I was all ready to go dance!)

I read all of the book "Winners never Cheat" by Huntsman over the break and absolutely loved it! I also spent time with family and babysat for my sister and her friends kids so there were three children all together around the ages of two and three. It was so fun to watch them play with one another and it made me think even more about this book. He said powerful things in every chapter that motivated me to be a better person. Sometimes it does seem impossible to be a perfectly honest and upright person since you think that will just make it so people will walk all over you. Was wonderful to hear specifics about a man that never seemed to change his values no matter what the cost. One of my favorite parts was when he made a deal with a man to buy part of his company and it didn't process for six months. By that time his company had doubled or something in what it was worth so the man offered to pay more but he said that he had made a deal already and would honor it even though it cost him millions of dollars! That is true dedication to keep you word! I thought about all of the things mentioned in the book a lot and talked to people about it. Then I thought back to how the children acted. Funny how everything we were taught as kids is the basis of happiness in life. All they seemed to care about was sharing and really justed wanted to have fun and help the other kids to have fun too. They told on each other when someone wasn't being nice and forgave instantly. Could tell that their greatest desire was for someone big to tell them good job or complement them. Amazing how our deepest desires really are to simply be a good person and wonderful how you are happy if you do so no matter what your life situation but usually have good come along when you live this way. So lets all be a little more like who we were as kids.
Karen Ungricht

No comments:

Post a Comment