Monday, March 14, 2011

Back to the basics- and the 7 Habits.

I know it has been a while since we finished reading Covey's book, but over Spring Break I went to the dentist and while there I saw a children's book of The 7 Habits. I was really interested what the children's version would be and so I read through most of it. Interestingly enough it simplified them to stories, and these basic sayings: 1.) You're in charge 2.) Have a Plan 3.) Work first, then play 4.) Everyone can win 5.) Listen before you talk 6.) Together is best 7.) Balance feels best. I know we've all read the book and this is a review but I thought the author (not Covey himself, but someone who works for his company) had a great way of rephrasing the habits to get a little different perspective. The book also categorized the habits into three steps. First, start with you and then play well with others, lastly never forget to take care of yourself. It was also a fantastic reminder to make sure that I was applying what we've learned in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment