Sunday, March 27, 2011

Aspire to Something Higher

The group presentation on Good to Great was a great motivator for me to become better and improve on myself. Something they said in their presentation was that they "get stuck in being good and forget to work on progressing and constantly improving". I definitely have difficulty doing this also and after listening about their book I have written down some goals to improve things that I'm already "good" at but can improve on. I felt like this presentation was also a great recap of "Sharpening the Saw". Never forget to look back on yourself and see where you can improve on. I also thought that their discussion about "Level 5 Leaders" was great. One particular point that stuck out to me was that a "Level 4" leader wants the company to be "great" while they're there, but a "Level 5" wants the company to succeed long after they leave it. That was something that truly hit me and now has become a goal of mine, along with always trying to aspire to something higher and greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment