Sunday, March 27, 2011

Like a Virus

I was recently reading an article while working on a paper for my english class and this article had a lot of useful insights into how to make workplaces more effective. I figured I would share with you the name, author, also a quote I found to be very helpful to me. The article is only 2 pages and is well worth your time it is called "Overcoming Workplace Negativity" by Betty MacLaughlin Frandsen. I loved this part of the article: "Like a Virus Negativity is a pattern of pessemistic thinking that spreads like a virus, causing morale problems and ultimately impacting our organiztion's success. Symptoms include loss of employee motivation, loyalty, creativity, and innovation. Outcomes of negativity include increased errors, decreased quality, increased interpersonal conflicts, increased tardiness or absence, and increased turnover." To me it sounds like we need to root negativity out of our lives now so we know how when we are working in our future careers so we can be successful and those we work with can too. McCallan Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment