Monday, March 21, 2011

Values

I began telling one of my friends about Winner’s Never Cheat and what I’ve been learning when he e-mailed me a story of an accountant who let her values and ethical background or childhood be temporarily pushed aside by pressures and a mentality of entitlement. The article by Sara Israelsen-Hartley of Deseret News talks about how this woman’s “gray area” between right and wrong expanded and how she found herself justifying false invoices for many different expenses and reimbursements.

After reading this article it I was amazed, even good people let their values cloud, this woman is a Brigham Young Uuniversity graduate and had a scholarship for volleyball. It made me look at my life and double check my dealings with others to make sure I am being honest and not vindicating my actions. This woman is a prime example of how one dishonest move is a chain reaction to justifying more wrong decisions and giving a mentality of entitlement and greed.

~Michaela Ferguson


No comments:

Post a Comment