Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's it all for?

For some time I've been wondering what this class had to do with business. I've constantly found myself asking questions like, "What is the point of reading all these stupid self-help books?" Or, "When are we gonna actually start talking about running a business?"

Over spring break I had several interviews for a couple of Insurance and Investment companies. During the second interview I started talking about several points that have been discussed in class; using these points to answer interview questions. Thursday I got a call from that company extending me a job offer.

The elements of these books, I now realize, are at the core of successful business. If you hope to excel, no, even survive in today's professional business world you must first develop these core principles.

Blair Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment