Monday, April 18, 2011

Out of Date Ideas



I was reading this talk given by John Von Achen. In it he gave a great insight to many of the topic that we have been talking about in class. One story he told was of coming across a cassette tape one day in his house. Wanting to listen to it, he looked and looked for something to play it on. But couldn’t find anything. Even his car didn’t have a tape player. In its day, the cassette was revolutionary and the high tech item. It use to be very efficient and useful. But in todays world it is rendered almost useless. You can hardly even find something to play it on. This principle can be applied to the business world. Old ways of doing business where, in their day, amazing and got the job done. But with the market that we have today, those ways are out of date. We need not to be stuck in the past; using Covey's and Pink's models, we can think of new and innovative ways of doing things.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to tell you guys that when I first read this I thought it was "out of DATE ideas". Haha, I was excited to hear about some new ideas for dates! Funny. But I understand now. I like the analogy Kellie. :)

    ReplyDelete