Friday, February 4, 2011

BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND-Andrew Hostetler

Now that we have finished with the Seven Habit and are into new material I have found that the habit that best fits me is to Begin with the end in mind. I have always started things to see them drag on and take long to finish. This has always happened because I never really focused on the end instead I would clutter myself with the many steps involved. Now when I pictures the end it is easier for me to put the steps in the correct order and without skipping and risk dragging the project on. Beginning with the end in mind is how I now look at school and I can see what needs to to be done in between to get there. This step reminds me of the movie Rudy. Ever since he was a kid he knew he wanted to play football for Notre Dame. Others told him he couldn't and that it wasn't for him. He had the end in mind since he was a kid and he was able to put off the negative things said and get to the end cause he had it in mind. Having the end in mind is what drove him to work hard and achieving what he had always wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsmzDL61oME

Andrew Hostetler

1 comment:

  1. I think this habit also stuck out to me the most. It is the one i feel strongest about, and believe in the most. (Although I love them all) Anyway, it is also the habit that I have the hardest time with. Especially in terms of long long goals like knowing what I want in 10 years. For some reason I can't do it. It has inspired me to go to a career councilor to help me a little bit to figure out what to do with my life. I'm excited to get better at this habit and become better at all the rest as well.
    Paul Johnson

    ReplyDelete