Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Good to Great

The book that group one is reading is Good to Great, by Jim Collins. I haven't gotten very far in the book yet, but the first sentence left an impression on me. "Good is the enemy of great." I have never thought of how good could possibly be a bad thing. Good, however, limits us from achieving great. It is so easy to settle on good. I do it everyday. I strive to be a good employee, a good student, and a good follower of my religious beliefs. By being good at those things, I impede myself from being great. Good may be sufficient for some, but I believe we can be great with more effort. The rewards for being good will be good, and the rewards for being great will be great.

Sam Sherwood

1 comment:

  1. This book is an awesome book.
    It proves that the enemy of great is good.
    You must live up to you full potential to assure you get out of life all that you want to!

    You must allow yourself to become great in order to reach the level of success we all dream of!

    ReplyDelete