Wednesday, February 2, 2011

fmri scans


As I was reading our assignment in the book A Whole New Mind, I was intrigued by the talk of the left side of the brain vs. the right side. I loved the talk of the fmri scans, and did a little bit of research online about them. This is a picture of one of the scans he was talking about, with the different colors on each side of the brain.
I think it is so interesting how much the world really has changed. It is not enough anymore to just be smart. You need more. Creativity, drive, and proactivity. It is esseencial, but it is also hard to achieve. I think as we create effective habits in our lives, we will become more right sided in terms of brain use.

2 comments:

  1. It really is incredible how much the world has changed. We need to really work to increase our abilities to use both sides of our brain, thus allowing us to stay ahead in such a competitive world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually posted that without even reading the book. Now that I've read a few pages, I concur with exactly what Paul said. I still believe it is important to be rounded and have both side brain qualities though.

    ReplyDelete