Friday, February 4, 2011

New Mind Beliefs

I started reading A whole new mind and it has really taken me by surprise but it all makes sense. At first I was a little apprehensive that the mind emphasis is shifting since that is altering ideas that I have been raised with and am used to. Like how I have gotten adjusted to taking tests and thinking that math and science are the most important things to know. Later in the book I got really excited though since my passion is in the arts and I want to become a graphic designer. So nice to hear that this is actually the direction where the good jobs are going since a lot of people say it is a waste to get and art major and that you will never get a decent job. So I decided to test this out and taught one of my friends about this whole concept last night and he didn't believe it at all. He said it is nice for a girl to learn art but men need to go into something that will earn more money for the family. This made me realize that it is going to take a lot to have people change their mindsets. I am excited to learn more about it though.
Karen Ungricht

1 comment:

  1. I felt a little of the same feelings Karen, thank you for your post. I feel like I read often that the best jobs are related to math and science, and it will always be like that. So when i read this book, it took me back a little, and I was a little skeptical. And I am also in the same boat as you when you said you were excited about it. I'm excited if the world really does catch onto this and make a change. From what the author has said, it sounds like the world either needs to change or become ineffective and unsuccessful. Does anyone else feel like that?

    ReplyDelete