Friday, April 29, 2011

Britt Crane - Law of the Harvest



I love this video.  I just bought a car and this video helped me to put things into perspective.  I felt like this would be a good video to show everyone because most of us are poor college students and we all have or will buy a car.  The point that I want to bring up is that too often we feel that we need things now that we truly do not.  The story of the golden goose is still one of my favorite stories and it applies well with this video.  We always seem to want super nice things, who wouldn't? But we see more and more people going into debt for ridiculous reasons.  We need to learn to be patient and the value of hard work. Its like we think that we need or deserve things NOW, right when we want them, without ever having done anything to get them or be deserving of them.  I feel like this is a dangerous pattern in our society. The Inside Job comes to mind.  And like this video points out if we can just be somewhat patient and work a little we can get what we want and come out on top.  First things come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment