Friday, April 29, 2011

BUS 1000

I have enjoyed this class more than I thought I would. A friend of mine took it last semester and recommended it to me….At first it was just a class to take, but now I am pleased I took the opportunity to take this course. First it motivated me to start reading again ;) but not only that, I have learned that I need to take continuous steps to improve not only my way of thinking but my personal behaviors. This will help me in being innovative and finding things that are “broken.” I enjoyed the redesigning bathrooms project, it taught me not only how to be creative and be open to ideas, that to me may seem outlandish, but also, many other attributes such as patience. I have discovered that I enjoy hands on activities and learn better when I am involved in the processes taught by the course.

I was also able to correlate another class with this one. We watched the Inside Job and I was/am taking Econ 1500 where we talked about many of the principles in the movie. In watching the Inside Job, it made me think how I would act if I were in there shoes. Thinking about it, I feel I would respond how Jon M. Huntsman responded in his situation with the Watergate time. If I am able to keep and hold to my values and standards now it will help me stay strong and know black from white with no fuzz area in the business world. Thank you for such an inspiring and creative class.


Michaela Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment