Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Similarities between guest speaker and "A Whole New Mind"

I very much so enjoyed when our class was able to have a guest speaker, Tiera come speak to us. I really enjoyed her perspective on the world after having the opportunity to visit many different places around the world and experience a vast array of different cultures. I believe I appreciated it even more than I would have regularly because of some advice I had received from a boss of mine from our 7 Habits Benchmark Project. He said that it would be good for me to get outside of the state and get a better understanding of how people think outside of Utah. Every since reading that feedback from him, I have been more interested in study abroad opportunities and listening to people with international perspectives like Tiera. I also think that it has some similarities with what Daniel Pink talks about in his book, "A Whole New Mind" when he outlines how the world is moving towards the conceptual age, which requires a new way of thinking, with creativity, and understanding what people want being central to this new world age. I hope that I will be able to do enough to prepare myself for this new age, with getting as much perspective from those outside of Utah as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment