Thursday, April 28, 2011

International Respect

I really liked when we talked about the value of international business in class. I realized that the world of business is so much bigger than just the United States. It makes me excited too because I didn’t realize that my going to another country for a couple years and learning another language has so much potential for helping me out in my dream to own a business. There are so many things to learn from other cultures. It only requires an open mind and we should definitely strive for synergy.

I also found it very interesting that other cultures will respect your culture as long as you show respect for theirs. She demonstrated this principle with her story about how they were required to drink in a meeting but decided not to. How many times do we have the attitude that one person is wrong and another is right? Many times we believe that if there are two different opinions present then one must be right and the other wrong. It is wonderful that she suggests that we consider that they are both respectable and should be respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment