Friday, April 29, 2011

Next Class?

This class has talked a lot about attributes and principles of success. I feel like there needs to be a Busn 1010 class that helps us to put it into action. Maybe a class that focuses on helping us to aquire those attributes, and goes through practices to put it all into action. Dont get me wrong, this class opened my eyes to see the business world in a new paradigm. But just talking about something is only so helpful. The blueprint and the swot were good practice tools that actually helped us put what we talk about into action. I'm thinking I might end up missing some things that a class discussion of how we can better take advantage of the opportunities we have now.
For example, I gave a speech a couple of weeks ago for my public speaking class. The topic was about Saving Money. If everyone understood that if, as soon as they start their career, they put away 10% of their income in the bank, they would be millionaires by retirement. Anyone with a Teacher's salary could do it. That's something that if you're not proactive NOW, you'll miss reaping the benefits.
-Jeff Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment