Friday, April 29, 2011

Knowledge Funnel

Today after the presentations it was mentioned how Roger Martin's "knowledge funnel" connected to the process of why bathrooms were lacking new innovation. While that was being discussed I realized that my college process has been just one big knowledge funnel experience. When I first arrived at USU I had no true idea of what I wanted to go into. This stage of my life was in the mystery section of the knowledge funnel. But as time went along I was able to narrow it down into two large fields of study. Now I finally feel I know what major I want to go into specifically. But i still feel i'm in the Heuristic stage of the funnel. This is because i still do not know the exact classes I will take. I also feel like I will need to get some patterns down to be able to thrive in this major. Once I am able to reach that I will be able to hit the Algorithm stage in my college life. But interestingly once I get all of that down and graduate I will have to be prepared to start at the top of the funnel. Because I will need to find out where I can apply my new skills and degree. Hopefully as my life progresses I will continually be reminded of the need to restart the funnel process. Because if I am able to do that, I have a chance at being successful in whatever field of life I am in.
Tyson Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment